The above photos courtesy of Danny Ponomar at http://www.dapo.ca/



Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Special Mention - Immigrants

To every recent immigrant to Canada that I have EVER  met/driven:

Sometimes I have a hard time understanding your English but you are understandable and are constantly learning. Most of the time you hold more than one job and are trying your very best to support your families and be a productive member of society.

In my opinion you are more than welcome in our country. I have nothing but the utmost respect for you and wish you all the best and hope you are able to stay and adjust to Canada easily.

On a somewhat related note I picked up a group of Porterican (sp?) folks from a local grocery store. Upon arrival at their townhouse the one guy told me that he thought I was cute, I brushed it off. He then told me as we were parting that he loved me, I told him I loved him also.

I don't believe that he really loved me but he is learning English and I humored him, maybe he humored me. It takes a little bit of patience sometimes but it is rewarding in its own way.

No comments:

Comments

All comments are welcomed.


I will only delete comments that are spam/advertising or comments that are not written in English.