The above photos courtesy of Danny Ponomar at http://www.dapo.ca/



Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pregnant 17 Year Old

I have recently been consumed with the thought that I will be sent out to Shaunessy to pick up a woman that has prepaid her trip to go to the Lethbridge Regional Hospital when she goes into labour.

I have since started carrying a first aid kit just in case something might go wrong while I am potentially on the call.

I watched a video on YouTube called "how to deliver a baby in a taxi". I learned a few valuable lessons, having no children myself the video explains not to cut the cord and to get the woman to a hospital as soon as possible. Also if the baby does not start crying within 30 seconds of birth to clear the airway and give CPR if necessary.



Anything else you think I should know?

No comments:

Comments

All comments are welcomed.


I will only delete comments that are spam/advertising or comments that are not written in English.