The above photos courtesy of Danny Ponomar at http://www.dapo.ca/



Sunday, November 9, 2008

Saturday Night

Some random events of this somewhat interesting evening.

I picked up this woman from XXXXXX, which is surprisingly not a strip club. Before we leave her friend comes running out of the bar and tells me that she is going to kill me if I do anything to my customer (her friend).

My Customer proceeds to tell me how her friend just killed himself and that it was his funeral today. She was drunk at this point and wanted to stop by XXXXXX Sports Bar to see if any of her friends were there. We arrive and I am hesitantly convinced to accompany her inside as her friend/date. We go in the bar and look around and she starts feeling me up in front of pretty much everyone. I am sober (obviously) and am looking around the bar and it seemed like everyone was looking at us.

It was interesting yet awkward and I can envision her friend telling me she is going to kill me if I did anything with her and we left soon after. We arrive at the woman's home and she wants me to come inside. Number 1 thought: her friend is going to kill me, #2 she is drunk, #3 she is married, #4 just no.

.......................................................................................................................................................................


Do not forget your ID.


I picked up a few students from the residence at the Lethbridge College. We arrive at the XXXXXX when one of the girls realizes she does not have her ID. I ended up driving them all back to the college and then back to the bar with every ones Id's. Total extra cost: $35.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

My night ended as a witness to a senseless assault outside of the XXXXXX in front of a XXXXXX hot dog stand. Two males were pretty much facing off. The victim of the assault was just standing his ground and did not provoke any sort of attack. The assailant apparently bought the victim a hot dog and the victim did not want it. The assailant became enraged and put the hot dog on the ground. He kept telling the victim to pick up the hot dog.

At this point I have a prime time view and begin video recording (I just knew something was going to happen, something always does). The victim finally reaches down to pick up the hot dog off the ground when the assailant kicks him in the face hard. The victim fell to the ground unconscious and I phoned for an ambulance. When he finally woke up he did not recall getting kicked in the face and didn't really seem to care. He was drunk and definitely needed medical care and taken away in an ambulance..

Now I have another fucking police report to fill out, which ended my night early. Not to mention I have to come down to the station so they can get my video evidence.

It seems like every weekend there are police at or around the XXXXXX and assaults are common place. Only tonight have I had a prime view of just how senseless these attacks are.

.....................................................................................................................................................................

From a few nights ago:

A teenage white male was stabbed in front of the 5th avenue MM XXXXXX by a gang of XXXXXX teenagers. I believe native should be capitalized but I refuse to show such respect.

.........................................................................................................................................................................

I picked up a XXXXXX male tonight from the hospital, which is not uncommon. Sure enough the hospital (taxpayers) are paying for his ride to the shelter. Along the way he tells me it is my job to convince to shelter workers that he should be able to stay there. Normally everyone is able to stay at the shelter but he tells me he is banned from there.

I was not impressed. My rant I never said: "You piece of shit drunk, you get kicked out of the shelter, most likely for being a drunk piece of shit, you have no job and you receive free care from the hospital facilities. You receive a free cab ride on the tax payers dollar only to ask a tax paying citizen to fight for your case to be able to stay at a shelter, where you are banned from, go fuck yourself".

So I ended up pleaded his case to the shelter worker. I can not just let someone spent the night outside, no matter how much I hate their lifestyle. I believe he was allowed to stay the night. The Lethbridge Shelter is definitely overcrowded and you drunk XXXXXX better get your shit together because more well deserving individuals require your bed.

........................................................................................................................................................................

Lesson Learned

So when a staff member comes out of the XXXXXX (bar) and gives you money to take someone home, refuse the trip and drive off immediately. I accepted the trip and had to stop a couple times to let the young woman puke her guts out. I had to clean up a little bit after her but at least nothing was left on the seat and only required a spray at the car wash. No more bar paid trips!

I have had enough for the night.

No comments:

Comments

All comments are welcomed.


I will only delete comments that are spam/advertising or comments that are not written in English.