The above photos courtesy of Danny Ponomar at http://www.dapo.ca/



Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Crackheads

Last trip of the night a couple weeks ago these two guys flag me down at Mcdonalds off Scenic Drive downtown. I figured just a couple guys headed home from the bar and decided to make the Mcdicks stop, was I ever wrong.

The guy that got in the front seat was like "Yo homie who's my nigger, yo this is my homie yo" to me and just bouncing happy to have a ride. He had a backwards hat and no shirt and was wearing red basketball shorts.

The guy in the back seemed rather relaxed and I later learned that they had recently met and the guy in the front seat was going to score crack for the guy in the backseat.

So the guy in the front apparently knows where to get crack and tells me to head North on Scenic towards the North side. Sure why not so I start driving he is all hopped up and keeps saying "keep going straight" and to his new friend "I am gonna hook you up bro, we are getting hooooked up, your gonna come in with me your gonna come in".

So I get all the way up to Legacy Ridge area and asked the guy where he needs to go, he says "downtown, we gotta go downtown", I said "we were just downtown why did we drive all the way up here." He said "just go downtown don't worry about it we gotta go downtown we are gonna get hoooooked up, I am gonna hook you up bro don't worry about it your gonna come in we gettin hooooked up".

The guy in the back seat is paying for the ride and he asks me to stop the car on Stafford Drive and 7th ave North. The guy in the back was like "listen man where the fuck are you taking me why did we just make that drive?" The guy in the front again "we gonna get hooooked up dont worry bout it head downtown, we gotta go doooowtown". The guy in the back asked his hookup to tell me where to go and if he didn't know the ride mise well end right now and he was going to get his ass kicked.

The guy finally relents and asks me to go downtown, at this point I ask for cash he showed me money, I said I wasn't going anywhere unless I had some cash in my hand as we were already at like $16.

So I start driving back downtown while asking the crackhead in the front where he needed to go. He said "downtown downtown just just go downtown" so I drive downtown and he starts directing me to turn here and there all the while saying how the guy in the back is gonna get hooked up and how he can come in and its getting old at this point he is basically driving me in circles with no apparent destination.

I look at the guy in the back and pretty much told him we are going in circles. The guy in the back got upset and started demanding the guy in the front straighted up and take them to his crack dealer. The guy in the front giving directions was clearly high of crack or some equivalent, seemed like a last resort but he said to me "go to the shelter, we can pickup at the shelter..... we gonna get hooooked up".

I said something like "you really think your going to walk up to the shelter at 4:30 in the morning and score crack? I don't think so buddy."

Guy in the back tells me to pull over and he says that the guy in the front is going to get his ass kicked. I pulled over on Stafford Drive and 3rd ave South facing North and the guy in the back got out of the car. The guy in the front was visibly shaken and not sure what to do so he said "drive drive just drive"

I thought about it for a moment and weighed my options briefly. Option 1: drive away and leave the guy that was paying me for the ride on the side of the road while still having to deal with this fucked up crackhead. Option 2: don't drive anywhere and let the guy in the back deal with him and potentially beat him up.

I chose option 2 and did not drive off, sure enough the guy from the back seat opened the front door and wanted the guy to get out of the car because he was going to get his ass kicked, the guy in the front resisted and looked quite scared his demeanor immediately changed from some big baller crack head to a complete pussy... so the guy drags him out of the car and he got a couple shots in before the guy stumbled off. It wasn't too bad he deserved a much better beating than what he got if you ask me.

They were both out of the car and I was starting to close the doors to take off when the guy in the back got in again and wanted to go home, I said sure he asked me if I knew where to get some crack and I said no.

It was fucked you really had to be there. I mean really what crack dealer is going to be happy with one of his customers bringing some random new guy into his place to buy crack, not gonna happen and the guy in the front insisted that he was going to come in to the dealers place. Then he was going to get hooked up at the shelter.

Fucking crackheads. I could tell the guy in the back was an occasional user likely with a job and the guy in the front was full on crackhead with no prospects in life other than getting hoooooked up.

No comments:

Comments

All comments are welcomed.


I will only delete comments that are spam/advertising or comments that are not written in English.