The above photos courtesy of Danny Ponomar at http://www.dapo.ca/



Friday, September 3, 2010

Impaired Driving?

The police definitely made their presence known around closing time last night at XXXXXX. I am unsure whether the police were called out there or they were just doing some preventative maintenance against street fighting and drunken driving. I believe that the Lethbridge Police did an excellent job last night enforcing their drinking and driving policies. The Police clearly made their presence known outside the only busy bar in town, which probably gave some people the last incentive they needed to take a taxi.

I was driving Westbound on Third Avenue South last night at approximately 3:25am and was just past Fourth Street when I noticed the police had pulled over what appeared to be a blue Ford Focus (or a similar vehicle).

Sitting on the back bumper of the downtown beat unit van was a young female, maybe eighteen or nineteen, handcuffed and sobbing.

It was clear to me that the woman had probably just been pulled over and charged with Impaired Driving.

I assume that this woman had waited an hour after the bar closed, waited for the police to leave, and proceeded to drive home drunk. Either way she was pulled over less than two blocks away from the bar.

I could have taken a picture but without any confirmed details I give people the benefit of the doubt.

Do not let this happen to you and take a taxi, any taxi.

No comments:

Comments

All comments are welcomed.


I will only delete comments that are spam/advertising or comments that are not written in English.